alt="" />
CIMG0093.jpg
alt="" />
The DIY MH's
CIMG0094.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0096.jpg
alt="" />
I probably should have turned them off when I did this.... makes it a little tough to see what im doing.
CIMG0097.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0098.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0100.jpg
alt="" />
A firend of mine Jason..... He also has a 65 gallon reef.
CIMG0102.jpg
alt="" />

CIMG0110.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0111.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0113.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0114.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0116.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0118.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0119.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0120.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0122.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0123.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0124.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0126.jpg
alt="" />
My DIY cooling fans. All together these fans cost me about $17 each. They move a ton of air too.
CIMG0133.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0128.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0129.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0132.jpg
alt="" />
The finished DIY stand, stained and laquered.
CIMG0156.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0158.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0160.jpg
alt="" />

Setting up the bottom end:
CIMG0161.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0166.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0172.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0173.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0176.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0184.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0185.jpg
alt="" />
My RO/DI unit. I only get 38psi on my water system so I needed to get the pump. 5 stage 75GPD with dual TDS meter, 8800 booster pump, 40psi cutout switch. As you can see I got this from The Filter Guys and let me tell you the quality of this thing is second to none. I am very impressed. I am getting 001TDS before the DI canister and 000TDS after the canister.
CIMG0200.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0201.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0202.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0203.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0204.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG0206.jpg
alt="" />

wow bro, thats a fantastic build! by the way, is that pressure treated 2x4's on the stand, I ask only because Ive heard from several accounts that the arsenic and other chemicals in the wood can leach toxins by sweating them into the tank. Its just a thought but maybe you might wanna look into it.

yes its pressure treated. The entire stand on the inside is polyurithaned and sealed up to prevent moisture from getting to the wood and vise versa. I sure hope I dont run into a problem with chemicals though. Thouse would put a damper on my reef build.

I'm pretty sure they no longer use arsenic in pt wood, could be wrong though.

I'd be a little concerned with water getting on those ballasts; they seem awfully close to the danger zone!

Nice build though; good work! Are those pants military issue?

Skriz;147244 wrote: I'm pretty sure they no longer use arsenic in pt wood, could be wrong though.

I'd be a little concerned with water getting on those ballasts; they seem awfully close to the danger zone!

Nice build though; good work! Are those pants military issue?

I have plans on cover the ballists. But yes, they are close to the danger zone.... They are on the highway..... to the danger zone :D

Everything looks great, but I am with Raj on this one you should probably move the ballasts. George built me a great electrical cabinet which you could easily build given you talent.

showthread.php

Cameron;147315 wrote: Everything looks great, but I am with Raj on this one you should probably move the ballasts. George built me a great electrical cabinet which you could easily build given you talent.

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9399&highlight=cabinet">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9399&highlight=cabinet</a>[/QUOTE]

Can you post a pic of your cabnit for me. I would like to get an idea of it.

sra_chipmunk;147340 wrote: Can you post a pic of your cabnit for me. I would like to get an idea of it.

Cam posted a link to the build thread, but here are some pics...
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
147416=9184-DSC_0010.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
147416=9184-DSC_0010.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC_0010.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
147416=9183-Electrical Cabinet v3.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
147416=9183-Electrical Cabinet v3.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Electrical Cabinet v3.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
147416=9185-Finished Electrical Cabinet.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
147416=9185-Finished Electrical Cabinet.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Finished Electrical Cabinet.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I plan on comming up with a solution for the ballists. I am having a major problem getting my refugium and sump coupler to seal. It keeps leaking in the refugium side. I went to a local hardware store tonight and got a few rubber seals but still no go.

My sump also collapsed on the inside. The acrylic baffles I sealed in their broke off so I am going to have to drain the sump tomorrow and redo it all over again. Im not looking forward to that.

silicone doesn't adhere to acrylic. rather than making a bond, you're making a mold. you should probably go with glass baffles.

there was a guy on RC who tried a similar set up with 3 40G breeder tanks as a sump/refuge/cryptic zone and had the same problems. the bulkheads kept leaking and/or tank kept cracking.

the problem was that his floor wasn't level and uneven pressure was the culprit. maybe your fuge isn't on level ground?

by the way, nice build. i need to make some DIY fans myself real soon before the warm months hit. where'd you buy the fans and did you just wire nut them into a standard extension cord?

Nice.

It's a brave man that can post pictures of himself wearing those pants.

Congratulations on making SSgt. I assume you were still SrA when you picked your username.

Two questions:

Is any of that wood run through a planer?

What breed of cat is that?

humptrax;147912 wrote: by the way, nice build. i need to make some DIY fans myself real soon before the warm months hit. where'd you buy the fans and did you just wire nut them into a standard extension cord?

Thanks. Here is a link to the fans I got. Here are the specs on them, FAN; 120 X 120 X 38 MM; 115 VAC; 85/105 CFM; 50/60 HZ; 20/18 W; 43/48 DBA

I just paid the $10 per fan, and I had some cheap extension cord lying around and I dyked the end off and spliced it into the fan. Worked like a charm. I want to wire a light dimmer switch into the fan to control the speed (lowed the DB's) and maintain heat as needed.

George;148070 wrote: Nice.

It's a brave man that can post pictures of himself wearing those pants.

Congratulations on making SSgt. I assume you were still SrA when you picked your username.

Two questions:

Is any of that wood run through a planer?

What breed of cat is that?

Yeah, I knew I would catch some hell for the pants. I actually made my screen name some years back when I was a senior airman. I have had SSgt on for about 2 1/2 years now.

No the wood was not run through a plainer. Its just the regular treated wood from Home Depot

I dont know what breed of cats I have. Hes a fatty though (19.5lbs)

On another note, I went to the store and bought a few more tubes of silicone and I put that inbetween and all around the baffel and tightened it down. I am hoping this will seal. I would really like to get a 40 gallon to throw under there.

Back