9 months strong, 2 reef tanks, 0 algae blooms!

phoenix20

Market
Reaction score
ARC

Big thanks for all of your advice / suggestions in helping me get into this hobby. I've narrowly avoided cynobateria, hair algae, bubble algae, etc. thanks to your help and recommendations!

I added purigen to both tanks about 2 weeks ago from Jin's and other's suggestions and the effects were dramatic. I had quite a bit of cyno and it completely disappeared within 3 days. Thanks guys! You are really making this an exciting and enjoyable experience.

Threw in some chaeto, overdrove my skimmers, fed a little less, turned back my light cycle from 12 hours to 9, and the water has turned crystal clear. I'm only getting algae growth on the front / back panes of glass to where I have to scrape maybe once every two weeks. Things are looking great! :yay:

I wish mine had gone that good at 9 months! My tank looked better than my lawn at that point!

phoenix20;225742 wrote: Things are looking great! :yay:

shhhhhhhhhhhhh.... cardinal rule: never ever ever think you got it licked</em>! That's inviting disaster. One day you'll turn your back for 10 minutes, and boom!

Seriously though ~ ~ Congrats! It's always nice to have those times when you can actually sit down with a cup of coffee and just enjoy watching your tank like it's a colorful, perfectly tuned television.

Looking forward to pictures.

:)

These pics are about a month old, but here they are:

a>

Back