90 Gal. Bow canopy ideas

drew9393

Reaction score
Ok so I am getting rid of my power compacts over my tank and upgrading to a six light t5 retro set up that I picked up from Bob. My issues are too many lights to fit in old canopy, old canopy is made of plastic with nothing to mount lights to, and I'm not very good at building. I really want to be able to have the same clean look. I was thinking of something more than just setting up lights just sitting on tank. Maybe a hanging set up. I up for any ideas.

Ok and if I do a hanging set up how should I cover the top of the tank so nothing jumps out. Glass gets so much salt creep so easy and blocks light. What other options.

Light friendly mesh tops
showthread.php

make it square and use a piece of acrylic for the curved bit at the front. you can then hing it for a feeding door.

Or if you want to make a canopy just get some 1/4" backer board and it will flex to the curve.

Ok so I am thinking of going with The suspending the lights idea and mesh covers. How about what is a good height to leave the lights about the water surface?

So I built a hanging system for the lights out of the conduit. Built a box around the light set up and hung it all up with chains. Also just finished the covers for the top. I couldn't make the mesh screen ones, kept kinking the frame. So I used some extra acrylic and made some
Nice tops. But now what about them trapping heat in should I drill some holes in them or attach a small fan. Or am I just worried about nothing ?I have a fan set up running on my sump this enough??
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
563695=26598-ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
>
563695=26598-ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
class="gc-images" title="ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Back