93rr marineland cube

shawn_patterson

Market
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum guys, i currently have a 29, and a 20 gallon nano but since i want something bigger I'm contemplating on buying a 93rr cube from TLF. Has anyone ever had one? also what size sump though you think i should put underneath it. the dimensions of the tank is 36x36x36

Also is there anyone around the columbus area, or not too far from it with some sps frags that they would be willing to sell for a small price im not looking for anything rare. just want to continue trying to become more experienced with sps. im growing montis right now but i want to branch out to other corals.

One last thing if anyone in the area has sand, or rock that they dont need please let me know! im starting the long journey of piecing this 93 gallon tank together.

thank you all

Good luck I recently decided to look for an upgrade and am leaning towards the 93 gallon cube

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I owned a Marineland 93 cube with a custom built stand for almost 2 years before upgrading to a 180. Great tank!!!! The only issue is you'll have to work at making a sump because there's not much room in a stand (especially the Marineland stand). I took two sumps, plumbed together to get mine. I think I might have a build thread on it from a couple of years ago that you can find.

As for lighting...there are all kinds of options. I ran twin 250w MHs over mine before converting to LED. Then I had twin LED units and I could grow stuff like crazy.

Good luck!

Oh....and your dimensions add up to a 150 cube...not a 93. I believe the 93 cube is 30x30 x 24 tall.

considering my apartment is not so big it sounded like the best route to go in. (unless i got rid of my loveseat) then i could get whatever. my wife wouldnt like that too much though lol

shawn_patterson;949480 wrote: considering my apartment is not so big it sounded like the best route to go in. (unless i got rid of my loveseat) then i could get whatever. my wife wouldnt like that too much though lol

You better check with the apartment company especially if you are on a second (or higher) floor. They have load limits and I'd highly recommend renter's insurance if you don't have it.

porpoiseaquatics;949479 wrote: I owned a Marineland 93 cube with a custom built stand for almost 2 years before upgrading to a 180. Great tank!!!! The only issue is you'll have to work at making a sump because there's not much room in a stand (especially the Marineland stand). I took two sumps, plumbed together to get mine. I think I might have a build thread on it from a couple of years ago that you can find.

As for lighting...there are all kinds of options. I ran twin 250w MHs over mine before converting to LED. Then I had twin LED units and I could grow stuff like crazy.

Good luck!

Oh....and your dimensions add up to a 150 cube...not a 93. I believe the 93 cube is 30x30 x 24 tall.

porpoiseaquatics im going to use the two led fixtures off my 29 for the tanik they're both 40w so i think they should be fne. i might get another DIY fixture since they work great on my tank now. as for stands im going to build my own. which means my tank might be a little high up.
i just dont know what size sump to put under it since the tank is 30" wide

i noticed that after i posted it lol

porpoiseaquatics;949482 wrote: You better check with the apartment company especially if you are on a second (or higher) floor. They have load limits and I'd highly recommend renter's insurance if you don't have it.

Luckly i live on the first floor, my apartment complex forces us to have renters insurance so im in the clear with all that.

shawn_patterson;949483 wrote: porpoiseaquatics im going to use the two led fixtures off my 29 for the tanik they're both 40w so i think they should be fne. i might get another DIY fixture since they work great on my tank now. as for stands im going to build my own. which means my tank might be a little high up.
i just dont know what size sump to put under it since the tank is 30" wide

i noticed that after i posted it lol

I can give you some advice on how to build a stand that will maximize the space and what to use as a sump as well as an ATO tank. I had it all under my tank, including a UV filter and in-sump skimmer. It'll fit if you do it right. I supplemented my LED's with 2 twin tube, 24" T5's and it worked great.

Here is my 93 build thread. I haven't posted pics in awhile and likely won't until the occupants fill in a little more but may help with visual ideas nonetheless.

If you go with Marineland tank and stand you'll likely want to increase the height of the stand with some kind of riser. Or build custom like Jeff said above.

showthread.php

Jeff,

Im up for whatever advice you can give me. So you think that if I just put t5s on the tank with my leds too id be fine with lighting. I mainly need help with the sump part as in how to build one. any help is much appreciated.

Eshopps rs100 fits fine and you have enough room with the right equipment.

shawn_patterson;949524 wrote: Jeff,

Im up for whatever advice you can give me. So you think that if I just put t5s on the tank with my leds too id be fine with lighting. I mainly need help with the sump part as in how to build one. any help is much appreciated.

As noted above....I found the Marineland stand just to short. I've seen people add a riser to it and you couldn't tell but you have to know what you're doing. I'll look and see if I can find a thread on mine.

As for lighting....yes....I had 2 - 250w equivalent LED's boxes with 4 x 24w (24") T5's over my tank and didn't have any issues with growing things. Because I used a canopy, there was a little heat buildup but I just put a neat window fan on the back to exhaust it.

As for the sump....I took two and made one. I don't remember the exact dimensions but I believe that one was 12 wide by 16 long and the other was 8 wide by 12 long. It was really neat how I set it up and it worked like a champ. It's hard describe. Again...I'll see if I can find my original posts.

Back