A few Questions on buying sumps and drilling

ouling

Market
Reaction score
I have two questions for the intellegent ARC community:

Where can I get a 100-150 gallon RoughNeck RubberMaid sump or something similar that have or could install a drain outlet?

Who here can drill glass and would like to help me???? (will pay)

Thank you.

I'm going ahead with the new reef tank starting tomorrow.

i can drill glass annd if you need 3/4 inch holes i got the bits. wat are you looking to do?

Well I just need 2 X 3/4 holes for return and 2 X 1'' for drain. I don't have a RR but i'm going to make it a RR. This one is going in the wall with no access to the back and all the pipes and water is going into the garage downstairs.

so all the holes in the bottom of the tank. how close is each hole to another? ho w thick is the glass? do you already have the hole saws

I am not going to touch the temp glass. 3 holes going on the bottm and 2 on the side of the glass probably. I fix cars and don't have any tools that even come close to a 1'' diamond bit.

wait the tank isnt tempered is it? your going to have to order some hole saw the best place is on ebay from a store called THK tools seller is lau*** the bits are very cheap and very good.

I'm going to get professional help because if this thing cracks then i'm out a few hundred dollars. At least if a fish store do it they'll give me a new tank.

ouling;57114 wrote: I'm going to get professional help because if this thing cracks then i'm out a few hundred dollars. At least if a fish store do it they'll give me a new tank.

not all stores replace the tanks if they crack them.

Well i'm going to make sure they do before anyone gets out the drill bit.

the best place to get a 50-300 gallon sump is tractor supply. i just picked up a 50 gallon rubbermaid for my refugium today.

detail.asp

Ouling why not just buy big rubbermaid containers from walmart they have some that are like 55g's. Plus they are square so it is easier to attach a bulkhead to.

Most places do not guarentee against breaking the tank (you have to assume that risk even though they charge you). The advantage is they have quite a bit more experience doing it than most of us!

Back