A.I Hydras or Ebay Led lights

regaltang

Market
Reaction score
got a 75 gal I saw some leds on ebay $250 for 2 fixtures the hydras are $399 per trying to see which is the better deal..anyone used ebay leds reef lights

I'm sure there are many different led fixtures for sale on ebay. "ebay LED reef lights" is not really going to help us compare them to Hydras. I think you probably mean a 120-150 watt Chinese LED with a white and blue channel dimmable, but you could be talking about stunner strips for all I know

Most these "eBay leds" use bridgelux bulbs (same as reef breeders) and will do fine and cost about $150 per unit and are full spectrum. Other than that my question would be the longevity of them. I'm going to use them paired with t5 on my new build

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

yes I am referring to the ebay leds trao tronics reef breeders etc trying to see if they are worth buying or is it just better to go with the hydras long term...

id go with the hydras..better company, better product, better warranty service than a chinese unit..i, myself, will not buy any aquarium product from china after having horrible experiences with companies that produce their products there..

I have a 120 watt full spectrum unit from Ebay that cost me about $120 and have gotten great growth from them in my classroom tank. It lacks features such as sunrise/sunset but its the cheapest light source that does not require bulb changes.

Back