A little help and Coral ID

texhorns98

Market
Reaction score
I can't for the life of me make this bubble coral happy lately. It used to be huge and you could not see the underlying skeleton. It's been like this for 4 or 5 months now.

7420965b.jpg
alt="" />

And I can't figure out why this acan only get's these intense greens if something disturbs it and the polyps shrink up a bit. Like this...

54ad6ee9.jpg
alt="" />

I also have some frags that took a sand nap for a while. The acan in back "was" a Hulk, and the little piece up front is an ORA Green Birdsnest accident frag. The polyps are still there, but no color. ???

fc78dff3.jpg
alt="" />

Last question: I don't know what any of these are... I think Eagle Eye with a few Gorilla Nipples, and GB Packers? The paly, I'm lost. may just be a no-name.

a4252295.jpg
alt="" />

a02abb90.jpg
alt="" />

They're light pink in color. Just a crappy photographer!

c14a8c43.jpg
alt="" />

I said last question, but I lied. These feather dusters are driving this little zoa rock nuts! I try to pick them off, but they keep coming back. Ideas?

c300d42d.jpg
alt="" />

With some GOOD news...my scroll has really fought back from the 92 degree tank issue several months back. It's growing back on top of it's skeleton and was down to about 1/4" around the entire piece not too long ago. I accidentally fragged it, if anyone's interested in a little piece (pictured center).

21eba396.jpg
alt="" />

Thanks guys, for all the help! I need to learn how some of you are able to get such amazing close ups of your coral. I'll do some googling before I ask on here though.

As for light, I've tried everywhere short of putting them under a shelf rock! My alk should be fairly stable as I do water changes every other week (15%).

Back