a long time coming...

civics14

Market
Reaction score
I have been browsing the forums and collecting equipment from members on here to start a tank for over a year. today, i finally got some water in the tank, but due to the rate of my ro/di unit and the time i have to work on it, it will probably take a few days to fill

equipment:
60 gallon Marineland rimless cube
DIY stand
Triggersystem emerald 26 sump
eShopps S-120 skimmer
Reef Angel plus w/ wifi controller
Eheim 3000+ return pump
Jebao WP25 x2
Jager 100w heater x2
Coralvue 8x24" t5ho w/ led moonlight
Air Water Ice Typhoon Extreme III
IO Reef Crystal Salt

wood trim around the tank will be painted to match granite that will go on the lower tier
8C6A8B32-B935-4F33-8B1C-C53CD029287E_zpsck5gsx9z.jpg
alt="" />

0627B33E-7EEA-4C9A-A038-140890C8B559_zpsdezqhcse.jpg
alt="" />

B71CC3E5-CC4D-46E0-B9F8-517E03CE0902_zps3xqqvb2l.jpg
alt="" />

Looks great!! I really like the stand. Good luck with the first fill, took me a day and a half running 24/7 to fill my 75. It was excruciatingly slow!!

Congrats!!
After waiting for a year, water is a big step.
You got some nice equipment hopefully at a good price, patience is Golden in this hobby!

Camellia;1004656 wrote: Congrats!!
After waiting for a year, water is a big step.
You got some nice equipment hopefully at a good price, patience is Golden in this hobby!

I agree with Deb. Sounds like you have concurred two of the hardest aspects of this hobby; patients and buy once. :)

Tank and stand look great. Keep us posted.

My only concern with that light fixture is the hanging braces are crummy.
Pin the extra cable to the brace with a zip tie to prevent the cable from sliding loose.

franciscosalazar;1004676 wrote: My only concern with that light fixture is the hanging braces are crummy.
Pin the extra cable to the brace with a zip tie to prevent the cable from sliding loose.

Really? It seem pretty solid to me, but I probably should have a back up, last thing I need is that thing crashing down on my tank.

civics14;1004744 wrote: Really? It seem pretty solid to me, but I probably should have a back up, last thing I need is that thing crashing down on my tank.

Yeah, I got the original pair replaced by Coralvue within a week of hanging the light.
There are ball bearings inside the braces that can fall out.

Looking very nice. I cannot wait to get my stand for the 40 gallon so I can start up again! Have you thought about the direction you wanna go with tank?

Back