A simple tank

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
Well not that I’ve broke down my tank I know think of just cleaning and doing a reset on it lol. I enjoy my small nano but I don’t see it much since it’s upstairs I’m think of something simple, no controller, black box leds, easy corals and easy fish, no SPS, no LPS.

Who has a “simple tank” and what equipment are you running?

Skimmer . Lights. Sump. Vortech

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35g: Lights, skimmer, heater, return pump

No circulation pump; I just rely on my return pump to circulate in such a small tank, and it does plenty

I used to run a 7G bow front at my office. Everyone loved to swing by my office just to sit and chat and watch the tank. Every couple months, the facilities lady would come by and tell me to take it home. That went on for three years. But I digress.

It had a tiny power compact on it and a HOB filter. That’s it for equipment. A few rocks and a couple inches of sand. Grew tons of green and brown mushrooms, and housed two clowns and a cleaner shrimp. Super simple, did water change about once a month. I would just bring in a 5G bucket of salt water. Come to think of it, it was pretty strange security never stopped me.

I finally broke down the tank when I moved offices, giving the clowns to a coworker. The clowns ended up living almost 10 years. I gave the mushroom rocks to that fish store that was in East Marietta off Johnson Ferry. That was my last tank almost 15 years ago until you guys suckered me into getting back into this with all your fancy gadgets and LEDs and what nots.

Jbj cubey 20, inkbird temp control Heater, Hydor 425gph Powerhead, activated carbon bag, phosguard bag, 5-10% WC every 3-4 days, old cured rocks from old tank

Attachments

• FF7F7660-CD05-4719-8728-59466E4C59C8.jpeg
    FF7F7660-CD05-4719-8728-59466E4C59C8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
Back