AB+

56cbr600rr

Supporting
Reaction score
Been using an additive called Reef or Reef Plus. Supposed to be vitamins, etc. don’t really notice any differences.

Start using Reef AB+ and my Acans really start coloring up. Getting fluffy, etc.

Trying not to be biased the only changes or differences are elapsed time, the Acans getting more comfortable in the tank.. Or, adding that AB+.

Few pics I’d the Acans, when I first got them they did not have the green, or the brilliant orange, and Not as radiant overall.

opinions on AB+?

705487F2-8748-4010-893F-A89F759C9DD4.jpegB83F4880-C278-4F9F-A58B-61BDF2F89D18.jpegC081604E-7CCF-4E1A-B321-F082351A684C.jpeg

I can't offer an opinion (that matters at least) - but if you are seeing a positive change WOOHOO!

They look nice and happy.

I have used the Red Sea A+B (2 part) in the past with good results. AB+ is new so I'm not sure you'll get many opinions. It's basically a vitamin, amino enriched food in an easy to use format (meaning one solution to dose). I have used several of the Red Sea products in the past but have switched to KZ supplements mainly because they do not need refrigeration and don't seem to add much (if any) to over skimming.

For me the only drawback on this product is that it must be refrigerated. You acan looks like its benefiting.

I just switched from Fusion Fuel to AB+. It has been about 2 weeks. I like the ability to use my doser without refrigeration. But I’m not 100% sold.

Ps: sorry about the picture quality, I lost my red filter....

Attachments

• 0B31E180-E1AF-4824-87DA-6D2198155247.jpeg
    0B31E180-E1AF-4824-87DA-6D2198155247.jpeg
    851.5 KB · Views: 4
I just put some on my shopping list after seeing what @Shawn has going in his system. Right now I use a combination of Fuel and Acropower and I'm going to replace the Acropower with AB+.

From the Red Sea site on proper use of AB+...

Important notes:
• Refrigerate after opening.
• Good for up to 1 year after first use.
• To use with dosing pumps: Pour 1 week’s supply into a non-refrigerated dosing Container each week and wash thoroughly between refills.

The down side for me is refrigerate after opening and short life of 1 week in a loser with no refrigeration (and then the weekly maintenance on the dosing container).

*R2R has several threads with folks discussing this product, might be a good read for anyone thinking about using it.

The dosing container needing to be cleaned weekly is why I'll keep using Acropower as well in an auto doser. I'll swap the Fuel for the AB+ because they both require refrigeration. Red Sea can say it doesn't require refrigeration all they want and I suppose that is correct. However, what Red Sea means by 'no refrigeration required' and what I mean by 'no refrigeration required' are two different things.

Back