? About jebao wave makers

itsamyheff

Supporting
Reaction score
I have been looking into purchasing a new wave maker system for a new build. I looked into jebao and all looks pretty good but here's my concern. Didn't they have problems with the units catching fire at one point? Are they cheaply made? What is the longevity? Also seems like there is a lot of turnaround with the new ones that are out. Before I spend the money I figured I would ask the crowd. What other wave maker systems would you recommend? Thanks

It was a different company that had the fire issue with their equipment. They still are "cheaply" made and some have had failures. Mine have been running for almost a year now and no issues. I'd consider Tunze for my next upgrade or the new apex. I don't mind the cords in the water and I'm getting tired of the noise from my MP10.

I have had Jebao's for well over a year without a failure. You just have to keep them clean. In three group buys, I've distributed well over 600 total units in 2 years and probably have only had around 20 total defects. Some of those were handled under warranty with replacement parts with no further issues.

For the cost...you can't beat them even if they last you a year. A $40 powerhead verses a $400 powerhead means you could replace them 10 times before you equaled the cost. If you buy, I'd recommend going through Reef Breeders. He has really good pricing and excellent customer service on warranty issues.

wait new build? what are you planning? and I have no input on Jebao.my MP10's are quiet....so I am of 0 help

I figured they are better now. I like to buy good product at a cheaper price. I know, don't we all? I have a reefkeeper that I can use but I have the monster korillas in the 6 foot 150 downstairs. I am shutting it down because we never go down there. I picked up a 150 cube to go upstairs. The pumps would blow the sand out of the tank. Just doing my research before spending money.

I run 4 and never had a problem with any of them. Like Jeff said, just keep them clean.

I have been using the dosing pump for a few months now with no issues. I've had quick power outages due to storms and it has never lost the programing. I also have the 25's and they are powerful but will need a vinegar bath every 60-90 days to stay at a strong flow.

One other thing before you ask I also use the DC pump as my return and I love it a lot more than the mag-12 I had. Very quite and adjustable

Back