about to do something stupid

qasimja

Market
Reaction score
im thinking of reaquascaping my tank after about 15 months of having this setup im starting to add corals and theres not many places i can find to place corals i really wish i would have done it right the first time have many of you ever done this?

this is how i have it setup currently the picture is over a year old but its the only one i had of the full tank its a 90g

2014_04_06_19_23_59.jpg
alt="" /></a>

i had a wall like that on my first tank and had the same issue. there is no easy way to redo it and there are a ton of techniques on how to.

you could try a colloseum effect where the bottom is closest to you and shelf it on up to the top in stairs.

you could take them out, drill, bend acrlyic rods and throw the assembly in.

i think you may want to look at aquascapes you like, and then choose one or a combination of them until you are happy.

also look in to photography's rule of thirds.

there is another branch off of this theory called the 5:3 rule.

hope that helps

Russ-IV;1039262 wrote: i had a wall like that on my first tank and had the same issue. there is no easy way to redo it and there are a ton of techniques on how to.

you could try a colloseum effect where the bottom is closest to you and shelf it on up to the top in stairs.

you could take them out, drill, bend acrlyic rods and throw the assembly in.

i think you may want to look at aquascapes you like, and then choose one or a combination of them until you are happy.

also look in to photography's rule of thirds.

there is another branch off of this theory called the 5:3 rule.

hope that helps

thanks for that input i will look into that i know it needs to be done just figuring it out is the hard part lol

What livestock is in the tank now? It doesn't look like it would be that hard to place coral. If you buy a coral on a frag plug, you could remove the coral, or take some pliers and snap of the stub on the bottom to make gluing it down easier.

well im going to be reaquascaping tonight hope i dont screw anything up lol will have pictures later after im done

Everyone reaquascapes;) it shouldn't be a problem;) have fun and get it like you want it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plan for a nutrient spike when the sand gets disturbed. Have some change water on hand.

Ringo®;1042095 wrote: Plan for a nutrient spike when the sand gets disturbed. Have some change water on hand.

yea i already have 20 gallons on hand

just make sure you leave a block of time about 2-3 times longer than you think it will take and try to not throw things and youll be fine.

EnderG60;1042105 wrote: just make sure you leave a block of time about 2-3 times longer than you think it will take and try to not throw things and youll be fine.

Cursing is accepted though. :mad2::mad2:

well im finally finished the water is cloudy right now though i will take some pictures in the morning after the lights cyle on took me about 2 hours

Looking forward to the pic's.

I've rescaped a dozen times, never had a problem.

Someday I'll give up, settle for what it is, keep my hands out, quit breaking corals so they can finally grow pretty!

i think im satisfied with this look might do 1-2 tweaks though lol what do you guys think?

I like it better.

After I did mine I was very glad that I remembered to leave enough room on the sides in order to clean, both wiping glass and siphoning detritus, about 3 inches would do it. You would be amazed how many times snails would knock over frags in the one spot you can't reach I was beginning to wonder if it was a passive aggressive thing on their part. That and rocks can scratch glass.

Back