AC has gone out.

Colt

Supporting
Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for a little advice.

So recently my AC has gone out in my condo and the temp has slowly been increasing in my tank. My tank usually sits at 78.6 and this morning it was at 79.4. What are peoples thoughts on a slight increase in temperature? Should I get a chiller? Ac tech comes tomorrow morning.

Also I’m working with ~20 gallons of fluid

You could grab a sealed freezer pack and drop it in your sump to keep it in check. Bags of ice work in a pinch too. Just keep in mind if they leak they can cause your salinity to drop so if you use ice, double bag it. Frozen water bottles work too.

You could grab a sealed freezer pack and drop it in your sump to keep it in check. Bags of ice work in a pinch too. Just keep in mind if they leak they can cause your salinity to drop so if you use ice, double bag it. Frozen water bottles work too.
This is perfect solution. I have an aio but I can for sure make this work.

My first solution would be to direct a fan to blow over the top of the tank. Every summer I'm am amazed at how effective moving air on the water's surface is when it comes to bringing down tank temps. I don't know why I'm impressed, I've done it for years but I still am. Get some air moving across the surface and you'll be good to go.

How's it going? What I really want to know is if the fan worked or if you went with the ice pack in the back.

So I ended up doing a small water change. Probably like 5%. And slowly added back in cooler water.That kept my tank around 80 degrees. I don’t think my tank ever got above 81 I didn’t try the fan because I didn’t think it would help. My ambient house temperature was around 82-84 at the the time. I’m pretty lucky that this happened in a cooler week rather than the middle of the summer. AC got repaired in 30 minutes yesterday.

Back