AC3 / Mac users

jgoal55

Market
Reaction score
Have you guys successfully set up the AC3 wirelessly using a Mac? I'm not getting it at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jorge

Jorge,

If you are using Safari, all you do is connect the AC3 via ethernet to the airport connection of your Mac, or if you have a wireless Network Adapter (gaming controller), connect the AC3 to that and have your Mac find it via your router.

Once you have that part set up, you'll need to determine the IP address of the AC3. Type that IP address into your browser, and log in. As far as I know, it will work in any browser that way.

I don't have a Mac, so I'm just pointing you in the direction that I know worked for me. I just got mine hooked up a couple of months ago, and as of last night, I can see how my tank is doing on my brand new iPhone.

ac3_status_screenshot.jpg
alt="" />

It is a free app on iTunes; search for Aquanotes and you'll find it. Zigzag (a guy on RC) wrote it. It even displays the graphs.

ac3_temp_screenshot.jpg
alt="" />

Making that work was even harder than just seeing it with my browser, but man was it worth it.

Hey Marc,

Thanks for the advice. I downloaded that app like two weeks before I finally installed the AC3. But obviously I havent gotten to use it. Looks awesome though! Great that you got it to work and thanks for the screenshots.

Im trying to do what you said to set it up and so far no luck. I am using an Airport Extreme as my wireless adapter and I can find it on my mac but when I type the AC3 IP into the browser it says it cannot find the server.

Not sure what else to do. I followed all the instructions to enter the IP, gateway, and netmask into the AC3 but nothing yet.....hmmm?

Well, again, this is outside of my comfort zone, but was the router able to find the wireless adapter?

You have an ethernet cable going from the AC3 to the adapter, right? Are the orange and green lights on around the AC3's port?

Perhaps you have the router firewalled, and need to give it permission. Like I do with my laptops. I get the item's MAC adress, which I then add to the router's wireless permissions page. Once the gaming adapter is allowed to communicate with the router, you'll be one step closer.

Odds are this club has some IT people that live for this stuff, and can help you sort it out.

Jgoal55;287363 wrote: Have you guys successfully set up the AC3 wirelessly using a Mac? I'm not getting it at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jorge

Best advice I can give you: Buy a PC! :lol2:

Skriz;287755 wrote: Best advice I can give you: Buy a PC! :lol2:

haha.....as cool as online AC3 access is......it would never justify the pain of owning a PC!!!!

And Marc, thanks again. Yes the lights are on. and yes, the router found the adapter.

Like you said, Im sure someone will figure it out. I also posted on RC just in case.

nope....didnt even know there was one. Curt is the guy from Neptune thats been helping me out. Ill post something in the forums there as well.

Back