Acclimate fish

renejuan

Market
Reaction score
Hi:

This morning we moved two clownfish from the QT to the display tank. They were a little stressed at the beginning but they started swiming around the tank after a couple of minutes. After about 2 hrs of darkness, we decided to turn the LEDs. They were doing great. An hour later we decided to turn the actnics... AND THEY FREAKOUT!!! One of them went behind the termometer top part of the tank. The other went to the bottom and at some point stop moving. At this point I was the one freaking out! I tapped a little in the glass and he moved. I immediately turn off the lights and they are back to normal. Seriously I think they are going to have nightmares. Recommendation to acclimate them to the light. What I did wrong? I read some information that darkness helps fish to acclimate better. Thanks!!!

renejuan;142956 wrote: Hi:

This morning we moved two clownfish from the QT to the display tank. They were a little stressed at the beginning but they started swiming around the tank after a couple of minutes. After about 2 hrs of darkness, we decided to turn the LEDs. They were doing great. An hour later we decided to turn the actnics... AND THEY FREAKOUT!!! One of them went behind the termometer top part of the tank. The other went to the bottom and at some point stop moving. At this point I was the one freaking out! I tapped a little in the glass and he moved. I immediately turn off the lights and they are back to normal. Seriously I think they are going to have nightmares. Recommendation to acclimate them to the light. What I did wrong? I read some information that darkness helps fish to acclimate better. Thanks!!!

I keep moonlights and all of for about 12-24hrs depending on the fish.

Back