acrylic overflows?????????

seedless reefer

Market
Reaction score
The tank I'm getting this weekend has some teeth missing off the overflows.

The overflows are in the corner of the tank and they are square not rounded.

I need 2 - 2 sided overflows with teeth to skin the current overflow.

What I need is like what glasscages sells to cover their glass overflows but theirs are three sided and expensive.

They need to be in black as I do not want to paint them.

Lastly, and most importantly I need these to be inexpensive.

Perhaps we could barter something?

This is more for aesthetic purposes than functionality.

I can't provide dimension since the tank is 50 miles from my house :D

I assume they will be something like 2-1/2 or 3 x 5 or 6.

I have looked for overflows and all I can find is glass cages and some guy that wanted a c-note a piece!

Oh and these lol

a>

Where can you get what?

An overflow? Well if I knew that I would be in good shape.

If you want one like the link from above, I'm not much of an artist but I could glue you one together out of sticks, pine cones and sweet gum balls!

Seedless Reefer;289972 wrote: Oh and these lol

http://www.aquatichouse.com/corals_and_plants/reefoverflow.asp">http://www.aquatichouse.com/corals_and_plants/reefoverflow.asp</a>[/QUOTE]

I don't like these at all. I can just see a gdm eel shinny right up the side and into the overflow.

I would be surprised if there weren't a grate/screen or something to keep fish from swimming back there. They look very fake though, the only ones that might look alright are the wooden looking ones for a freshwater setup...

au01st;289996 wrote: the only ones that might look alright are the wooden looking ones for a freshwater setup...

Agree.

It might be possible to DYI with LR rubble and epoxy somehow.

Yup, 6" PVC, some aquamend, and some superglue. Sand up the PVC to make it rough, lay down some glue, lay down some aquamend, more glue, then the rocks...

I personally don't mind the look of equipment. Yeah, my powerheads and overflow box stick out, but I think it's cool, it reminds me that I have to care for these animals as best I can because they're not in their natural environment. They're not cluttered or junky looking, just there.

Cant you call MRC and have them make you some. Remove the old ones and sylicone the new ones in place....

WILLIAM1;290013 wrote: Cant you call MRC and have them make you some. Remove the old ones and sylicone the new ones in place....

That's what I'm thinkin

Yeah I'll call MRC but I don't want to cut the old ones out just hide them.

Me + silicone = Disaster.

Back