acrylic question

fish_guy

Market
Reaction score
I am in the process of dividing my sump into sections.
The main body is acrylic and I was wondering if I can use plexiglass or acrylic to make the dividers?
I have a ton of 1/4" plexiglass here and was thinking of using it.
Also where can I find acrylic solvent in the Marietta area?
Thanks for any info

dawgdude;386093 wrote: I would look for a product called weld-on. You can order it online or I know a placed call Calsac has it.

Calsak
3105 Sweetwater Road, Suite J, Bldg 300. Lawrenceville, GA 30044
TEL (877) 422-5725

Just be aware this is not a glue. It physically fuses the pieces together. So just make sure you get it right! Also weld-on 16 is thicker and easier to work with the 4 or 3 so I would suggest that.

True. There is a place in Paulding called Curbell Plastics (which I may have spelled wrong), and I was told by someone here that they had it. I went today to get some and was informed that they don't carry it (they were not just out of stock). Just an FYI in case anybody suggests that place... don't waste your gas.

<span style="font-size: 12px">Reece Supply Company of Georgia, Inc</span>
<span style="font-size: 12px">5755 Oakbrook Pkwy</span>
<span style="font-size: 12px">Norcross, GA 30093</span>
<span style="font-size: 12px">Toll Free: (800) 776-0115</span>
<span style="font-size: 12px">Local: (770) 326-7920</span>
<span style="font-size: 12px">Fax: (770) 326-7927</span>
<span style="font-size: 12px">E-mail: mailto:atlanta@reecesupply.com">atlanta@reecesupply.com </a></span>
You can call them in the am and it will deliver the next day. they also have the applicator bottles as well
Check with the sponsor some of them keep #16

cr500_af;386106 wrote: True. There is a place in Paulding called Curbell Plastics (which I may have spelled wrong), and I was told by someone here that they had it. I went today to get some and was informed that they don't carry it (they were not just out of stock). Just an FYI in case anybody suggests that place... don't waste your gas.
Sorry Barry could have saved you a trip but they do have excellant acrylic pricing

grouper therapy;386118 wrote: Sorry Barry could have saved you a trip but they do have excellant acrylic pricing

No problem; I didn't think I'd have to get a second opinion on that!

As to sponsors carrying it, I'd love to know who for future reference. The only one I knew of was SWC... I guess I can relate this story now that SWC is history.

I called Sal and he confirmed that he had a tube of #16. A friend was going over there, so I told Sal he'd pick it up for me.

He sold me a tube that he had used about 20% of... of course, at full price. Gotta love that.

Chloroform works as well from what i have heard - but ya have to to have access to it

Has anyone tried Grainger industrial supply?
They show it on line. And there are several locations around the Atlanta area

McMaster Carr probably has it as wekk and they are around Fulton Industrial Blvd(I believe) on the west side of town.

Last time I checked McMaster-Carr had only one kind, and it was one of the "thin as water" varieties. #4 if memory serves.

cr500_af;386131 wrote: No problem; I didn't think I'd have to get a second opinion on that!

As to sponsors carrying it, I'd love to know who for future reference. The only one I knew of was SWC... I guess I can relate this story now that SWC is history.

I called Sal and he confirmed that he had a tube of #16. A friend was going over there, so I told Sal he'd pick it up for me.

He sold me a tube that he had used about 20% of... of course, at full price. Gotta love that.

Sorry Barry, I still feel bad about that. I should have noticed it :blush:

Back