Acrylic tank building.

platyplakia

Market
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a friend who is thinking of starting a new tank. He was considering having one built out of acrylic. Does anyone out there know of a place to have a custom tank built? Thanks for the input.

There is a LFS on the southside of town, McDonough, that will do custom acrylic. They do very nice work and are reasonably priced. the number is 770-914-3474

There is a guy named Woody that is the custom tank builder so you go directly to the source 678-493-5507

Theres always Andy at My Reef Creations.

a>

Precision Custom Aquariums (Woody) and My Reef Creations (Andy) both manufacture acrylic tanks. They both happen to be ARC sponsors as well, so go check them out!

I would vote for MRC. Andy does some real nice work. Never had a tank built by him but I have a real nice sump he made. I'm planing on having my next tank built there too.

Precision Custom Aquariums is where I had my 240 built. Great job on it. There were some instances with the prior ownership but Ive seen some of the tanks Woody was building when I was up there and they all look great. Andy with MRC does great work also, I got my calc reactor from MRC.

I have heard that they both do amazing work, and we thank them for their ARC sponsorship

Thanks for the input. He's looking to do about a 200 gal. I think it will be built into the wall. He also has a basement, so he may run the plumbing downstairs. Should make for a fun project. Gonna have to figure out how to support the floors too. What fun.

Back