acrylic tank leak

flyguy

Supporting
Reaction score
I posted a while ago about a 120 gal tank I bought used that ended up having a leak. After some forum discussion I decided the tank was toast and started re doing my old 72 gal bow front. I have been building a hood, getting a bigger sump, upgrading lighting, pumps and automated systems. I have been trying to change the durso to a herbie and figure out how to fit all the plumbing in such a small space. I have also been watching all the incredible coral deals you guys are posting. Hopefully I will be ready to buy some soon. Any way the reason for this post. As I was cruising Facebook market place I saw an ad for a company in Woodstock that builds acrylic tanks. I sent them a email to see if there was any options to save my 120 before I totally committed to the bow front. That was yesterday. Jason from bigfishcaa.com sent me a request for pictures. I sent them today. Jason called me today! He wanted to know if I had water in the tank and if yes to empty it immediately before it blew. He explained he could fix it but couldn't warranty it and would not suggest it as to the volume of water it could spill. I was impressed by his concern and willingness to help. They seem to have very nice custom tanks and occasionally used tanks. I thought I would just give them a shout out.

As far as making a Herbie, here's the back of a 72 bowfront I added a 3rd drain to, I didn't go through the bottom because I was afraid it would be too close to the other holes so I went through the back. Everything fit just fine, @Doberman13 has the tank now. You should check out his build. Screenshot_20210220-135806_Gallery.jpg

That is nice . Right now I just did an over the back return. I was a little worried about drilling the back. I can't afford a second ruined tank😃 I really like how clean the drains are. I had pipe running all over the place trying to get shutoffs and disconnects to fit. I'm heading out now to try and run mine like that.

Back