Adjustable Arc ?

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
Ok. I've seen this somewhere.

I'm working on something and want to be able to turn some T5 lights toward the tank instead of strait down.

Ideas?

Thinking of something w a hand tighter that travels along an arc.

Looks like this.

Check my super detailed drawing;)

4b3b7f5b349d71cdb693dee70d95d3b1.jpg
alt="" />

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Should be able to find it in the hardware section of HD or Lowes. Look by the hinges and the drawers full of mars ware.

My drawing is exceptional ;)

Build one out of wood and use carriage bolts and wing nuts. Should take all of ten minutes.

Most hanging lights have a tilt adjustable feature, or are these mounted to the tank?

Camellia;1061312 wrote: I'd like to see your tank, never seen a tank that goes sideways

I run an antigravity machine from the apex with the AGFX module.

It's seriously a space saver

SnowManSnow;1061316 wrote: I run an antigravity machine from the apex with the AGFX module.

It's seriously a space saver

Pic's?

Brandon just curious, why you adding T5's to your tank? Are the Radions not doing the job or are you just wanting supplemental lighting?

My tank has gone through the acclimation period with my Radion Pros and wide Angle Lenses and all my SPS is all starting to color up and showing polyp extension. I lost a lot of par with the TIR 120 Lenses but I just had to bump up the intensity and monitor the par and shaded areas with my PAR meter. All is well now....

Reefkeeper;1061345 wrote: Brandon just curious, why you adding T5's to your tank? Are the Radions not doing the job or are you just wanting supplemental lighting?

My tank has gone through the acclimation period with my Radion Pros and wide Angle Lenses and all my SPS is all starting to color up and showing polyp extension. I lost a lot of par with the TIR 120 Lenses but I just had to bump up the intensity and monitor the par and shaded areas with my PAR meter. All is well now....

I needed to go wide angle lenses to get my corals to color back up. Think I'm only at 40% max also but only 12" tall tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonymission;1061346 wrote: I needed to go wide angle lenses to get my corals to color back up. Think I'm only at 40% max also but only 12" tall tank.

Yea that's about right.... my tank is 32 inches wide and 27 inches tall. I need the higher intensity to get sufficient light to the bottom on the tank for my chalices.

tonymission;1061346 wrote: I needed to go wide angle lenses to get my corals to color back up. Think I'm only at 40% max also but only 12" tall tank.

Tony... So you're at 50% on a shallow tank with the wide angle lenses?

The only reason I'm adding a few t5 is for aesthetic reasons really. I want to fill out the light just a bit.

I think I can do it without adding a lot more punch

SnowManSnow;1061403 wrote: Tony... So you're at 50% on a shallow tank with the wide angle lenses?

The only reason I'm adding a few t5 is for aesthetic reasons really. I want to fill out the light just a bit.

I think I can do it without adding a lot more punch

40%... I have a longer cycle (only 3 hrs whites) but I think the tank also gets a lot of light from my large entry picture window.

That sun is money my man;) I'm at 60% right now on a 16" tank. It's a longer cycle, but yea the whites aren't blaring .

Back