Adjusting korilla speed

stickx911

Market
Reaction score
Does anyone have any diy links to making a korilla adjustable. I couldn't see why I couldn't cut the voltage through some sort of regulator or rheostat. I just have never done anything like this with 120v, only 12v computer fans...lol, similar principle, different application.

Could I pull the adjuster from a box fan?
safe is the question. I'm sure it can be done, but without releasing a whole bunch of extra electricity into the tank. as well as fire hazard issues.

What is the wattage on the Koralia pumps? Wonder if you could find a potentiometer rated to handle them? Wire that up with a male and female standard socket end, and it could be plug and play...

I'm pretty sure you can buy different size/pitch impellers which will increase or derease the flow.

i know nothing about anything electrical.. but could u use a dimmer type switch to like lower the amount of power going to it? just a thought...

LeeS;276787 wrote: I'm pretty sure you can buy different size/pitch impellers which will increase or derease the flow.

I'm thinking this may be more for like feeding time or night time, or just to tweak the flow to get it just right, as opposed to just changing it. It would be nice if I could turn mine down during feeding or at night, to like 50%.

Sorry, misread the post. Maybe a dimmer switch? If you wire it externally so it doesn't get wet shouldn't be a problem. I wouldn't do it though. Just a thought.

au01st;276789 wrote: I'm thinking this may be more for like feeding time or night time, or just to tweak the flow to get it just right, as opposed to just changing it. It would be nice if I could turn mine down during feeding or at night, to like 50%.

Thats kind of what I'm going for.

LeeS;276793 wrote: Sorry, misread the post. Maybe a dimmer switch? If you wire it externally so it doesn't get wet shouldn't be a problem. I wouldn't do it though. Just a thought.

Any reason why?

I just meant personally. I don't even like to submerse submersible heaters, powerheads pumps, etc.

i think that maybe the motors wont be able to handle the wattage change. think about it why would they come out with a new powerhead for their wavemaker?

Back