Advice: HOB Refuge

jcusmarine

Supporting
Reaction score
Anyone have some good advice? I have never used a fuge before and have been looking at various turnkey products online....must be HOB.

They seem pretty expensive, so is a DIY option worth looking into? I have seen some HOB Filter conversions and such while searching.

Thanks!

a hang-on fuge isn't going to remove a lot of nutrients per se, however, it might be better than nothing. In addition to my fuge in my sump, I use a CRP fuge to feed my pipes. I love it.

Thanks...I should have mentioned that it really is to maintain pods, versus remove nutrients.

The CPR looks good, and it is good to hear that it may be worth the $. I just thought they were pretty expensive.

I had hoped someone may have had success with a DIY, but I may just go ahead and get the CPR HOB Fuge and be done with it...

Thanks again.

jcusmarine;236640 wrote: Thanks...I should have mentioned that it really is to maintain pods, versus remove nutrients.

The CPR looks good, and it is good to hear that it may be worth the $. I just thought they were pretty expensive.

I had hoped someone may have had success with a DIY, but I may just go ahead and get the CPR HOB Fuge and be done with it...

Thanks again.

try ebay or anything salty

I DIY'ed a 7gal hang on fuge with half inch plexi and it works great. Ive seen a vast inprovement in my tank and the pods are through the rough...er....water.

Back