advice on combined tanks

containerman1

Market
Reaction score
I am picking up a new marine land reef ready 75 gallon Friday I believe 48x18x21 is the size.
I am going to take down my MRC 34 gallon cube and 2 of my 20 gallon frag tanks and combine them into 1.
I already have a 60 gallon frag tank 48x24x12 and I like it but its not that great for a grow out tank because its not quite tall enough for acro colonies to grow up much.
I have a used rs100 20 gallon sump that I bought awhile back and a reef Oct 110 that was on the cube and I have a mag 7 for the return.
I think the mag 7 will work if not I will upgrade soon.
I know its not great but should work and I have a BRS dual reactor that was on it also so it helps with keeping tank running clean.
In the 34 gal cube I have 2 platinum perc. Clowns in the cube with clean up crew and a bunch of zoas.
In one of the 20 gallons( its been running for over 1 yr) I have it full of live rock 25 + lbs (Tonga / Fiji ) and a 6 line and a blue damsel .and a clean up crew.
In the last 20 gal. I have a pair of ocellaris a melanurus wrasse and a lot of zoas. ( its been running over 1 yr also )
I was thinking of taking the platinum and put them in a large acclamation box I have and put them in the 60 frag tank for 2 days
Then take all of the sand and rock and water out of the cube and add to the new tank and add few bags new caribsea sand and hook up to the sump and fill and let it run couple days then check water and add fish.
I am not sure of the order to add the fish? Or will it matter much?
The platinums I bought at the auction and they are smaller than the other fish and really don't want them bullied to bad.
Just trying to get a game plan before the weekend so I can make the transition smooth.:wow2:

Add the Percs. Give them a day or 2 then add the others. Historically you add the MOSt aggressive fish last, but with those 4 I don't think you will have any issues. Others would know better than me though.....

I would buy new sand and just add a cup of ur old sand. If u mix the sand up from the old tank to the new tank u could have a spike in nitrates for awhile and delay adding anything to the 75

Back