Advice on Fish

Nekajaye

Supporting
Reaction score
I have a 90gallon reef tank and I am at putting my last fish in the tank I would like. I am looking at a foxface lo, spotbreast angel, and copperband. I know for sure I am good with the spotbreast angel. What are thoughts on the foxface lo and copperband. I know they say in reef with caution. For foxface everywhere I have read online says if you feed them well they generally do not mess with coral. Copperband his hit and miss. Any feedback or suggestions would be great. Only a year and half in the field...so advise sometimes help with decisions.

i would skip the copperband they are hard to keep alive at least for me my foxface doesnt really touch my corals although he did pick at my acans

Copperbands are difficult simply because they tend to not eat or they stop eating randomly and starve. Foxface Lo get HUGE fully grown.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

I love my Magnificent Foxface, he gets along with everything and I never have to worry about bubble algae, he destroys it. He was fine in a 4' tank for a few years, I upgraded to a 6' tank before it was nessesary.

Copperband requires special care. Even if your system is infested with aiptaisia, copperband will clear 90gal tank within a week and then it will need live food. It does not eat frozen or pellets.
Special diet requires food such as black worms. Look into how to farm black warms or find the source of live food for it first before committing to this fish.

If you are ready for it, great. Copperband one of my favorite fish! I have it in my tank for over a year now.

i would skip the copperband they are hard to keep alive at least for me my foxface doesnt really touch my corals although he did pick at my acans
Thanks... for the feedback. I am going to tryout the foxface and see how it goes.

Copperbands are difficult simply because they tend to not eat or they stop eating randomly and starve. Foxface Lo get HUGE fully grown.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the feedback. I knew if I came on here and asked I would get the responses with more than what the internet would say. So online it says foxface lo gets to 9" fully grown. They get bigger than that?

I love my Magnificent Foxface, he gets along with everything and I never have to worry about bubble algae, he destroys it. He was fine in a 4' tank for a few years, I upgraded to a 6' tank before it was nessesary.
Thanks... this foxface is small...maybe 3 31/2 inches right now. My 90Gallon has only one big fish and its a scopas tang. So I am just looking to get two more so I have a few big fish.

You'll probably have to buy 10 copper bands before you get one to live past the 6 month mark too...

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Back