Advice on powerhead options

cdub

Market
Reaction score
I have finally decided to get rid of my Tunze 6060 and 6080 and downgrade to something with a little less flow. Currently i have almost 4400 gallons an hour moving through my 95 gal, which tends to stir things up a little much.

So my options are going with 2 nanostream 6045 or 2 koralia 4's. Does anyone have feedback on the operation and quality of these devices? Also any advice on what you think would be better is greatly appreciated.

I don't have the 6060/6080 don't they come with power controls?
If not, You could probably run them on timers, at 30mins intervals so only one runs at a time, it dosen't sound like a lot of flow to me, I had 2 x 6000's and a wavebox on my 90....

If you still want to switch maybe you can look at the nanos that are controllable(6055's I think)......

the 6060/6080 are not controllable and i have heard problems with putting them on timers so i'm hesitant to do that.

cdub;79516 wrote: the 6060/6080 are not controllable and i have heard problems with putting them on timers so i'm hesitant to do that.

I have talked to roger in the past about this, I believe he said it will be ok if the run time is past 30mins, he didn't recommend putting them on the something like a wave timer, but running it on 30min interval should work. You could shoot him and pm on RC, he will let you know.

I came to the forum just now to start a thread on the Tunze 6025 Mod that I'm trying, and impressed with what I've found. Look for the new thread in the DIY forum. I don't know if the other Tunze can be moded in the same way, but the mod CAN double the output of the 6025, and trust me as I was VERY skeptical that such a small mode could do all it was reported to do.

Back