AEFW- Such a bummer

dawgface

Market
Reaction score
Recently started having problems with random SPS tissue receding from the base up. Given the symptom I figure P04 the culprit. However after losing a few prized acos and really never quite understanding how ,y Po4 would have ran that far away from me in the first place I decided to look closer at some of the problem coral. To my dismay soo much worse, clearly AEFW and laden with eggs.

Now I've fought almost every know coral diseases and pests including their cousin the Planaria. However I've never come in direct contact with these buggers to which I understand are impervious to some of the simpler tactics used on other pests?

Simple question which no doubt leads to heartache..... Where do I go from here?

How about 57 Yellow Corris Wrasse.... Feel like that is almost resonable to dipping and removing SPS �� Tank is all SPS.

DawgFace;1090519 wrote: How about 57 Yellow Corris Wrasse.... Feel like that is almost resonable to dipping and removing SPS �� Tank is all SPS.
yup. usually when you only have sps in the tank, I would start periodic dipping of the corals, then make frags, then qt and observe. some melanrus wrasse, coris wrasse, and others might help.

as for dip, I recommend bayer. I have used a handful of coral dips and I have had the best results using bayer.

Bayer will kill AEFW. You will have to remove them to dip though. I'd QT afterwards or dip every 3-5days to make sure they were all gone.

I wish we had some of those notes from the club meeting where we had the flatworm expert who gave life cycle details on AEFW.

I need to come in and talk with you. When are you at the Avarium again?

wrasses WILL rid the tank of them if given the time. at least it has worked for me

wrasse will NOT rid a tank of aefw.im certain you still have them whether you know it or not.wrasse wont touch the eggs and are invisible to wrasse while they are on most acros.they will nip here and there but will never get them all.sorry but you guys are kidding yourselves if you think they eradicated them.i know of plenty of folks who thought they beat them only to be sadly disappointed weeks or months later.the only way to completely eradicate them is dipping,fragging and qt.anything short of a fallow acro tank just wont do it.

Back