Aggressive Fish

brooksie1821

Reaction score
So We just ended up adding a Hmu Hmu Trigger and a dogface puffer to our tank recently, it is a fish only tank, we for purposes we thought that we were moving so we started to give away our fish and recently got our tank back to were livestock should be good. So we came home last night to our trigger enjoy a meal of his own making, he ended attacking the puffer and then having dinner, so really question is what other fish can we have in there. The aggression makes me worried about putting any other fish in there. If no suggestions does any one want to trade for a Hmu Hmu?

Lion fish and fox faces would be fine as both have defense mechanisms to scare predators away. What size tank do you have?

Lionfish do not make good tank mates. The trigger will harass the lionfish by bitting the spines off of it until it is defenseless and the kill it.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

What size tank? That will also play a role in what you can keep. Huma truggers are quite aggressive, I've been attacked while snorkeling by them before.

Butch;1087736 wrote: Lionfish do not make good tank mates. The trigger will harass the lionfish by bitting the spines off of it until it is defenseless and the kill it.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Yep. Unless the lionfish is big enough to swallow the trigger. :)

Triggers will go for the eyes too. I had a one-eyed batfish for some years. Big as a dinner plate (1000g tank). He got that way from an Undulated trigger having a go at him.

They'll be OK with larger fishes like big angels or tangs. That is, provided you have a large enough tank for those.

Jenn

Back