AI Hydra or EM Radion

miktrav

Market
Reaction score
Hi,

I have no experience with LED lighting and have a choice to make for my new tank setup. There is a $200 difference between the AI and EM lighting. I am confused about the performance differences between the two lights. The only difference I can make out when looking at comparison reviews online is that the Radions provide a better spread and intensity but that is mainly due to the increased wattage. Most of what I have read says the Hydras are more than perfectly capable of growing SPS. I am leaning toward the Hydras but don't want to save a few dollars at the expense of having to rebuy lights later. Do you guys have a recommendation?

Any input you provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

What size tank?
I have had my radions for 8 months and would not trade them out. The quality of the light and the performance of the light, along with the customer service I don't think (IMO) can't be beat. I have them over a 120 and 300. If you have the $$$ that's my vote.

The tank I am getting is a 120 gallon corner overflow or a 150XH, both 48 inches long. I am not sure which yet. I was hoping to buy today but I probably won't make the decision before next weekend.

Back