AI Prime

That's what I've heard as well, but I haven't used one....

We sell them fairly well. They work great for nano tanks under 30 gallons. They go really well with rimless cube tanks or the Redsea Reefer Nano. The dept penetration on them isn't as good as a similar priced Kessil 160 unit for instance, but the LED combination and spread is better for the size and price of the unit. It packs a lot of features for the price as well... such as having wireless built it... so no need to buy AI Director which is a big plus if you are looking for wireless control. Also with Ecotech merging/backing AI now that is a plus for some people as well.

I think if you look into this light with realistic expectations it's a great light. This light does not compare to a Radion XR15 or Kessel 360A. No returns or failures on any of the units I have sold yet.

aXio;1051099 wrote: We sell them fairly well. They work great for nano tanks under 30 gallons. They go really well with rimless cube tanks or the Redsea Reefer Nano. The dept penetration on them isn't as good as a similar priced Kessil 160 unit for instance, but the LED combination and spread is better for the size and price of the unit. It packs a lot of features for the price as well... such as having wireless built it... so no need to buy AI Director which is a big plus if you are looking for wireless control. Also with Ecotech merging/backing AI now that is a plus for some people as well.

I think if you look into this light with realistic expectations it's a great light. This light does not compare to a Radion XR15 or Kessel 360A. No returns or failures on any of the units I have sold yet.
Thanks! That is what I was looking for.

image1_zpsqx2cub8p.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Just installed two of these on my 65g Mixed. They are MUCH more bright than my previous 6x T5 setup. The light quality is great, but the software is lacking(which may be improved over time). It demands previous knowledge of LED programming to get the color dialed in just right. I had to do a lot of reading to get them where I wanted them. That being said, after a few days of toying with the software I think that I have got it dialed in and won't need to fool with it much more.

As far as paperwork goes, the company decided to go with online tutorials and tech support to cut down on costs which I think is great. I have a center support on my tank that leaves about 17.5" on each side. These lights fill the space wonderfully and my LPS/ softies at the bottom seem very happy. I would not recommend these to people with tanks deeper than my current setup though.

All in all I love what I got for the price that I paid. The light output is fantastic for my current setup. :up:

Back