Aiptasia beginning

Saltienewb

Supporting
Reaction score
Only three that I can see so far. I’ve read f aiptasia or lemon juice as good methods, any other ideas

Just to throw another option out there, I managed to get a clump of macroalgae 100% aiptasia free by putting it in a tank with 3 peppermint shrimp from reefcleaners.org

I'll have some Berghia available soon. Although, you probably only want to add them if you have quite a few aiptasia. 15-20+ or more IMO.

My 15-20 quote is Aiptasia. Not the amount of Berghia to add,.

Last edited:
Just to throw another option out there, I managed to get a clump of macroalgae 100% aiptasia free by putting it in a tank with 3 peppermint shrimp from reefcleaners.org
I saw that as an option but I am pretty LPS heavy and don’t want to risk it. I’ll try to smother the few I see and go from there

I always use Aptasia-X on my systems. It helps keep the numbers low but once or twice a year I'll grab a peppermint shrimp (when available) to deal with the whole tank.

CBB and/or filefish, only thing that has worked for me. I have a mixed reef, and berghia would just be expensive food. The chemicals never did anything but drive me crazy.

Back