Aiptasia Control.

oceanreefer124

Market
Reaction score
I have read several things on several websites about controling Aiptasia. I have added shrimp, used Joes Juice, used pickeling lime. Basically if it;s mentioned I have probably tired it. With that being said, I still have an Aiptasia problem. Is there a sure thing that can get rid of these things?

What Rit said. I had a small issue with small aiptasia and added 3 peppermint shrimp. The aiptasia is gone and has stayed gone. The peppermints will try to steal food from corals though.

I had and still have an aiptasia problem--but I added a racoon butterfly fish, and he really mowed them down--the only problem is that my lionfish ate him--so--if you've got room, the butterfly fish do a great job of getting rid of aiptasias.

joe's juice worked for me as did 3 pepps. Like Rit said pepps eventually will go after fish food and sometimes its hit or miss. I would keep trying pepps

I added to pepperment shrimp about 2 months ago. I currently have a Squirrel Rabbit, 2 clowns, a flame angel, and 3 demsels. Would any on those eat the shrimp. After putting them (shrimp) in the tank I never saw them again.

oceanreefer124;104905 wrote: I added to pepperment shrimp about 2 months ago. I currently have a Squirrel Rabbit, 2 clowns, a flame angel, and 3 demsels. Would any on those eat the shrimp. After putting them (shrimp) in the tank I never saw them again.

whats a squirrel rabbit? A squirrel would absolutely eat pepps. A rabbit, not so much. Howe did you acclimate the shrimp?

jmaneyapanda;104933 wrote: whats a squirrel rabbit? A squirrel would absolutely eat pepps. A rabbit, not so much. Howe did you acclimate the shrimp?
I googled it and it looks like I have a Doliatus Rabbitfish. I was told it was a squirrel rabbit.

oceanreefer124;104940 wrote: I googled it and it looks like I have a Doliatus Rabbitfish. I was told it was a squirrel rabbit.

maybe a "Scribbled" rabbitfish? at any rate, they shouldnt bother shrimp. ow did you acclimate the pepps?

Joes juice is just a bandaid.

I had out of control aptasia in my tank. I added 5 or so peppermints and in a week aptasia was gone.

Ok, so before I go out and buy 200 pepperment shrimp I got a couple of questions.

1. After they get done mowing down all my aiptasia, what do they eat next?

2. Next part of question 1, What else can i feed them to keep them off my corals?

Back