airstones

benpoole28

Market
Reaction score
Ive been running chemiclean in my tank once every two months. I run massive amounts of air in the tank for two days while running the chemiclean. I have noticed that after the treatment, my tank always looks awesome! crystal clear, corals look better, fish graze more and seem to be more active. i figure this is from the amount of o2 in the water from the airstones. Im thinking of setting my pump up on a timer and letting it aerate for an hour of so each day while im at work. anyone do this? or know of any reasons i shouldnt consider this. i know most people dont run stones in reef tank, but i cant deny that my tank looks great after getting 2 days straight of bubble treatment.

I dose with vodka so I run air stones 24 hours a day in my 110 gallon. Mine are running in the sump so you don't see them.

+1 I have started running air stones in my sump as well. In the sediment chamber under the filter socks. I did this because before I had my ato my tank would run low and shoot bubbles all over the tank. Massive aeration for at least an hour in most cases as I seemed to never be home when it started. But my corals always looked super happy after the bubbles stopped. And then a day or two later they would dull back down to normal. Especially my meat corals and gonaporas. So I put 2 pumps with 4 6 inch air stones in the sediment chamber of my sump and voila no bubbles in the tank but the meats and gonaporas look better than ever. :) and my algae filter wall going down my overflow looks lush and healthy too. I know that's not always a good thing but at least it's absorbing phosphates. Or in theory it is anyway. Lol

Back