Market
Reaction score
thick. Short. Feels like moss

c0capzz43ct3o3kim12idql3gezug4gi.jpeg
alt="" width="332" height="249" />

Ton52qbriunj6yf6bo92d46dy1sfsuen9.jpg
alt="image" />Mine looks similar and won’t scrub off. Very resilient

Looks like hair algae

Maybe this will help and you could google ones that you think it is...

https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/186736-nuisance-algae-guide/

I bought a used tank with a bunch of this on the live rock, but there is a ton of coraline too I'm trying to save.   I just started a fluconazole treatment, I'll let you know how it works.

Well for what it is worth, I've basically gotten it beat back. I'm not a fan of adding stuff to take away things, especially when it comes to algae because adding more life will add more nutrients and just feed the problem algae. Before adding a predator I've just spent the last few weeks declaring war on it. No additives, not changes in flow or lighting. I've simply been upping my water change frequency and volume as well as pull it off of everything I can reach. If I see it.. it gets plucked. I with the water changes I've started seeing it turn lighter green, which is good. Its getting weaker and I'm still pulling it :) I also removed my LR. I put in another chunk a few weeks ago to allow it to seed with bacteria then removed the old chunk which was covered in the stuff. Thinking back to my old tanks I remember replacing the RL at least twice in each one before stuff really got super stable, maybe thats just because I'm doing something wrong haha.

So, if you have this stuff, just up the water changes, and pull it off every chance you get. If you can't pull it off pull out the rock. You'll eventually win.

Back