Alkalinity and ph

bhodges82

Supporting
Reaction score
i recently discovered that I had my doser set too high for alk 2 part so I removed the hose from the doser for a couple of days, since then my ph has been dropping steadily. Is this normal? My apex keeps sending me multiple alarms, but the graph doesn’t reflect the alarm reading.

Tmj5bolx9c3bmruxfvk3sqmc3xy8amacy.png
alt="69DB6218-933A-4F6D-9489-E6356671D77F" />An average of about .3 in 3 days.  I should be close to target alk tonight, it had gotten up to 13, the goal is 9dkh. I’m new to apex, I think it makes me worry too much, when I didn’t know what my ph was all the time I didn’t worry at all. I was mainly just wanting to know if the drop was normal because I’ve never observed it before.

That's normal and where you want to be anyway. 8.3-8.15 is great.

Yea, no doubt about it being where you want it. Over 8.4 and getting close to 8.5 is a bit high so it's good that it's falling. Most of us would kill to have ph that stays in the sweet spot of 8.10 - 8.30. What's you're Alk reading and have you seen any precipitate or clumping of the sand?

Today alk was 9.3, reduced dose and restarted doser. Hopefully my ph will maintain along with the alkalinity.

Back