All for reef. Whos using it?

Rickdareefa

Supporting
Reaction score
Hey guys now that im down to a 40 gallon tank was thinking about switching to all for reef. If you are using it how do you like it? Are you using a doser? 0Did you buy the calc And alk balling supplents for adjustment? Also do you go through it quickly?
Thx for your opinions!

I make and use it - however, other than "I haven't killed much lately" I don't have much valuable info to give you. Other than to say I haven't killed anything lately.

I dose using a dosing pump - in a 60 gallon frag tank with mostly zoas, montis and a few SPS - I dose about 45ml per day right now and it keeps my Alk in the mid 8's

I use it and am happy with the results. It's my main additive in my display and I started it because it was something the my kid could easily dose when I was out of town. I ended up automating it with a single head dosing pump and it works well. I do not have it 'dialed in' and like to manually dose with 2 part on the weekends when I run my tests. In my situation, the goal was to keep thing steady and it does a good job with that.

I use it and make my own via the DIY method- see BRS and Reef2Reef for directions. Super easy to make and dose. I use my apex to dose and maintains my levels pretty well. The dosing calculator from Tropic Marin explains how to dose it.

I’ve been using it for for three months now and have been happy with the results and simplicity of maintenance. Using on three tanks, all of which are 70 gallons or less. My dosing pumps are the new single kamoers x1’s which are super easy to fine-tune over WiFi. I suggest testing alk frequently over the first 2-3 weeks of use until you get the dosing dialed in. I have noticed that my more mature tanks (over 3 years) seem to find their balance faster. I also do 20% water changes every 3 weeks which helps keep everything in balance.

I've been using it too, the DIY method. Easy to make and use with a doser. The only tip I can give is to first slowly adjust the alk and Cal to your ideal preference than start dosing using their Calculator ( https://www.tropic-marin-smartinfo.com/en/minerals/all-for-reef.html )
I like my tank to be at ALK: 9 and Cal: 450. So I adjust those to what I wanted with 2 part and than started dosing.
I split it into 10 small dosage throughout the day and its keeping those level at 8.8 - 9 throughout the day ( I tested 3 times (morning, noon, and night) for the 1st 3 weeks) a little over kill, but I'm able to keep my tanks stable.

I have a 140g mix/ well mostly sps. I'm dosing 67ml a day to keep at AlK: 8.8-9 and CAL: 450

BRS actually has a cool video about dosing and how much each would cost you to use I recommend checking it out it helped me out a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious, how much do you dose per gallon in each tank and what size and stocking?
Steve, that's all going to depend on the intake of your corals. Similar to dialing in a doser or calcium reactor, it's going to vary from tank to tank.

When I'm setting up a new dosing regimen I will take all my dosers offline for a day or two and see what my tank is using day to day. My trident does this for me at midnight and noon, but I'll also force a full test several more times during the day. Once I've got an idea of how much calc/alk is being consumed I start dosing and gradually up it until everything balances out. If you don't have a Trident, then of course your testing of choice works just as well. It took a month of tuning to get my relatively new calc reactor stable and constant so it'll take time to get it just perfect whether dosing or using a calc reactor.

Steve, that's all going to depend on the intake of your corals. Similar to dialing in a doser or calcium reactor, it's going to vary from tank to tank.

When I'm setting up a new dosing regimen I will take all my dosers offline for a day or two and see what my tank is using day to day. My trident does this for me at midnight and noon, but I'll also force a full test several more times during the day. Once I've got an idea of how much calc/alk is being consumed I start dosing and gradually up it until everything balances out. If you don't have a Trident, then of course your testing of choice works just as well. It took a month of tuning to get my relatively new calc reactor stable and constant so it'll take time to get it just perfect whether dosing or using a calc reactor.
Yes thanks, I understand that, I'm not planning on switching, was just curious to come up with a ball park range from a couple different tanks size/stocking to guesstimate whats possible so I could figure out best and worst case cost. In HSon's example of 67ml/day that would equate to @ $24/month if you can get the diy 10 liter (148 days worth) DIY kit from BRS. That doesn't seem unreasonable, but that kit is out of stock, buying the 5 liter DIY kit (74 days worth) drives the cost up to @ $41.50/month, about which i would think a lot harder.

Yes thanks, I understand that, I'm not planning on switching, was just curious to come up with a ball park range from a couple different tanks size/stocking to guesstimate whats possible so I could figure out best and worst case cost. In HSon's example of 67ml/day that would equate to @ $24/month if you can get the diy 10 liter (148 days worth) DIY kit from BRS. That doesn't seem unreasonable, but that kit is out of stock, buying the 5 liter DIY kit (74 days worth) drives the cost up to @ $41.50/month, about which i would think a lot harder.
you can buy all the ingredients separately on their site too.

I know someone that's use only the Carbocalcium and the Bio-Magnesium and he sub the Trace K+ and Trace A- with Redsea Trace color ABCD to bring the price down even more

Back