almost tank disaster

glxtrix

Market
Reaction score
so I guess i could be a spokes person for, "dont add your chemicles too fast!" I thought it wasnt out of the ordinary fast but I guess it was, i believe it was from my alk that i added. Came back after a meeting, about 45 minutes to see my tank was all slightly milky and had some white residooo all over the glass. I guess do to my carelessness it managed to sieze my mag pump, i opened it and cleaned all the crud out of it but I think it might have burned the motor, its not workin so much today :( That sux cuz its powering my SCWD, or not so powering it right now. Fortunately I dont think any of my corals were harmed, for the exception of my blue tip staghorn, its not lookin so good, hopefully that will change tho. I did however pull everything out of my tank to get at the byropysis (sp?) issue I had and tore all that crap out of there. Now if my skimmer would only stop making bubbles in my tank, grrr. Here is a pic of the new aquascaping.

rt1.jpg
alt="" />

The new Aquascaping looks good. Im glad that everything made it through. Good luck with the skimmer, I'm having trouble with mine too........

thanks bryan I'm glad too, I was sooo sacred to come back in my office and see what was going on or if everything was dead. Fortunately I can say that this mishap wasnt due to my kalk tho, that bad boy is regulated by a mini gate valve.

thanks todd, i was half tempted to just have an eggcrate shelf with all the acros lined up on it and no LR...get the whole frag tank look going for the better growth and all, but i realized thats not too plesant to the eyes. Oh well, we'll see how this works out for now.

My Mag 5 will seize up from time to time. I take it and soak and clean the ceramic shaft etc in vinegar / water and it works as good as new. Good luck.

yeah I did all that, oh well I guess I'll have to break it open again. I jsut hate messing with those pumps cuz of the plastic crap cover they have, I've broken a few of them already and not wanting to do it all over again.

Same here. Especially the small power heads. I have broken a couple of shafts trying to pry them out.

Back