Anemone Guards

matttvi

Market
Reaction score
Well,

Some of you may remember that I had a massive die-off of macro algae in my tank (I won't go into my speculation of why here, it's in the other thread) and as a result, my anemone almost died.

After a 100% water change over 6 days, I was able to clear the water up and a few weeks later, the anemone was back to normal, colored up nicely and extending fully.

On sunday, I got home from church to find the anemone had decided to move and had been sucked into one of my Tunze 6025 pumps. It was severly hurt, and I was not happy.

The anemone had not moved for about a year...

It is still on the road to recovery, and I'm still not sure if it will make it, but I decided to do something I should've done a long time ago. I built these protective coverings for both Tunzes. If the anemone decides to test the waters again, I think these should do a good job of keeping it from getting sucked into the pheads.

Gizmo_Side.jpg
alt="" />

Gizmo_Front.jpg
alt="" />

I made them using needlework and zip-ties. It's not the prettiest, but it was cheap, and I think it will be effective in keeping the anemone safe during future forays through the tank.

sorry to hear about the anemone, but that should do the trick of keeping it and anything else getting sucked into the pump

chrisjet;122549 wrote: Nice work , what are all those yellow bubbles ?

Chris,

That's algae. I've allowed it to build up now that I have a Centropyge Fisheri, who loves the stuff...

Cameron;122567 wrote: Are you not running the grate on the front of the pump?

Cam,

No, these pumps are not on timers, they run 24/7, except during a water change.

Cameron;122595 wrote: I almost lost a clown in a K4 so I always worry.

Thankfully, neither of my clowns nor any other of my fish have shown an interest in these pumps... :eek:)

I may put the grates on though, just to be safe...

They don't seem to impeed flow... I was just wondering why more than anything else.

Back