anemone identification?

mark

Reaction score
Just purchased an anemone for my 55 tank to help with hosting my maroon clown that has taken a liking to my bubble coral. Problem is, I forgot to ask what type is it; hoping someone out there can help ID. It is somewhat lime green in color with a black dot on the end of each tenicle. Any info is appreciated.

Called the LFS where I bought it and was told it is a Sebae anenome. Told it was non agreessive and that clown would host; most of what I read on web says it is agressive. Hve placed (know it will find it's own happy place) on LR abt six inches above my soft brain and abt eight inches diagonal from my bubble coral. Only thing above it is hairy mushrooms and a small piece of candycane.

What kind of lights do you have? Those need very strong lighting, as do most anemones.

The sebae decided it did not like the LR and chose to drop to the sand bed. Anyone with info on it's interaction with open brain coral and bubble coral is appreciated...it is now in close proximity. When purchased it was on the tank glass...my research goes back and forth on what it likes to settle on. Assistance is appreciated!

Doesn't sound like a GBTA. Mine is pinkish/purple and then turns green towards the tips. Mine only goes to the sand to "poop" also. I don't think BTA's settle on the sand.

On another note, good luck getting it to settle where you want. I started putting mine where I DIDN'T want it because it was sure to move:D He's attached to the rear of my tank now in full view so it's kinda cool. Never plan on mounting corals to my back wall either:thumbs:

Back