Anemone is running from maroon clown??? Is that possible?

cpayne

Reaction score
My anmone is running away from our clown. The anemone is larger than the clown, however the anemone does not get a minutes rest. The anemone has hidden under a rock for a week. When I flipped the rock over the anmone went underneath within 2 hours. So he/she is alive and well, but not looking so hot. Is it possible that he is hiding from the clown? Or should we consider other possibilities?

Thanks

Thanks. Water seems to be testing great. Everything else in the tank is very happy. Temp seems good. Anemone is hanging at the bottom of the tank (75 gallon). Do they like lights? I am surprised at it trying to hang in a cave light environment. Thanks

Sorry, I am posting for my husband and he knows all the details of the tank. I am posting as the "mother hen" of the tank. Chris can post specs etc. The anemone is green and was fairly inexpensive. Sorry for the lack of details. I am trying to become more informed:) Thanks

1. What kind of lighting is presently on the tank?
2. How long have you had the anemone?
3. How old is your tank?

Thanks ARES...we will leave him alone. I hate that he looks so distressed. Time will tell and we will hope for the best. The maroon clown is a biter and I hide from too. LOL

We had a moajor tank crash July 4th. A four year old 55 gallon very established tank had to be quickly moved into a new 70 gallon tank to save corals, rock, the BTA and a few fish. So our once established tank is learning to live in a new environment but everyone seems to be thriving with exception of the BTA.

Lighting is - Lunar Aqua Light with 36 inch compact flourescent and lunar moon glow LED, 96 watt blue compact flourescent, 96 watt 10,000 daylight, two 3/4 watt lunar blue moon glow with cooling fan with 2 removable ballasts

Thanks

Opps. This tank has been set up since since July 3, with established inhabitants.

Thanks so much and interesting that you would say that. I have felt that all along. Since everything else is doing so well. I think that it is time to look into tank #2 and move the nem and clown into thier own space:)

Not enough light at all for a nem! Get better lighting and the nem will be happier.

What other corals are in the tank thriving? Softies?

We have a fiji leather, zoas, paly, mushrooms, brain coral, candy canes, trumpet, brain coral and acropora ( i bet the lighting is effecting this also)... thanks

Well, I am glad to see that you are going to better lighting. Just don't overload the credit card too much.:D

Thanks for all the posts. Back with better lighting. Wish us luck:) MH 150 150 watt 10,000kHQI Aqua life pro. Much brighter but my leather coral is not happy with me right now..... Credit card? I am telling the kids that there will be no Christmas presents, only aquarium supplies.:)

LOL! Awesome! Just put all your corals on the bottom of the tank so they can get acclimated to the new lights. Still might not be enough light for that tank, but its a definite start. Watch the heat build up with it too.

Back