Anemone Questions

sailfish

Market
Reaction score
I am redoing my frag tank into more of a regular tank and want to get an anemone. I have practically no experience with them so looking for some tips on picking out a good one

From what I gather alot of them lose their color. Any tips or tricks to picking out one's that will not lose their color. Do these ship OK or is it better to buy locally.

Can they handle 350 to 450 par without bleaching?

Thanks Joe

The ones that tend to lose their color are the flames, from what I've seen. I'd get a nice aquacultured one. I'm cutting mine in the next couple of weeks..

Thanks for the info let me know when you do. I may to impatient to wait though LOL

Joe

Man hope that doesn't mean you are not going to have frags anymore ? The big things I have found is they like light and if they don't they will move, same with flow. I have a green with pink tip -bta and it lost some color at first but came back with some feeding, now it split and the new one looks even better. Just watchout for all those nice sps :)

I will still have frags of what is in my display but will only have a few in the frag tank. It will be more LPS oriented tank. As long as I don't lose anything in my display no more big sps for me.

Joe

Cool, Lps tanks can be nice !!

check this one out

showthread.php

Great......Now Joe will have two tanks for everyone to drool over. :)

Joe,
A fellow reefer picked up a magenta RBTA from Creation the other day. You may want to call and see if they have any more. He sent me a pic. I'll forward it to you. Really nice.
Dave

blu_devl_06;369335 wrote: I have a huge red carpet, and a sebae. Don't know if that's your style, but both doing well, red carpet is huge though!! He is currently eating 3-4 silversides a day!
Christ!
Sounds like my monster green brittle

Yeah my brittle will steal my wallet if I don't feed it.
On the anemone note- Mine stays happy and bubbled about half way up my 100 under vho's. Stretches them out when he is hungry

Back