anemone removal

oryansreef

Market
Reaction score
my nem split a week or so ago. I need to remove 2 but they don't wanna come off the rock any tricks out there, I was nice and said please but no luck

I found the easiest way is to take the rock out and place it on top of a container of salt water with the nem hanging down into the water. He will either drop off into the container or you can slowly work his foot off the rock with your finger. I can usually get him off within 30 mins this way without damaging him.

Took my nem off using powerhead method....took a while, but it let go eventually

I've used frozen RO water in the past, not the easiest but it worked... I like Brett's method above though.

Bcavalli;1112590 wrote: I found the easiest way is to take the rock out and place it on top of a container of salt water with the nem hanging down into the water. He will either drop off into the container or you can slowly work his foot off the rock with your finger. I can usually get him off within 30 mins this way without damaging him.

This. It can take hours if it's stubborn, but it works every time.

Jenn

I will give it a shot, hopefully ill have some new and awesome corals to be putting in my tank this weekend.

Bcavalli;1112590 wrote: I found the easiest way is to take the rock out and place it on top of a container of salt water with the nem hanging down into the water. He will either drop off into the container or you can slowly work his foot off the rock with your finger. I can usually get him off within 30 mins this way without damaging him.

+1 I've used this method and it works every time. Only hangup can be with really small annenomes.

it split into 3 they are all together I would like to have 1 stay put but sometimes you don't have a choice

Back