Anemone won’t attach

sotsreef

Market
Reaction score
I got my RBTA 2 days ago. He was attached to a rock so I carefully removed him with an ice cube and turkey baster. I acclimated him for temp and ph for a reasonable amount of time before placing him into the tank. I used my anemone basket to float him near the top of the tank to kind of isolate him and try and get him destressed. His tentacles were fully out and looked very healthy. I tried to feed him some shrimp and he took it. But then regurgitated it 2 hours later. The following day I tried placing him in a tank so he would attach to a rock. He seemed to stay put for around an hour but then floated off. So I decided to place him back in the anemone basket because I assumed he was stressed out again. The following day(today) I tried this again. But he just floated off, so I placed him again and he seemed to stick but once my light turned off he shrunk to 1/4 of the size and started to float again. So now he is in the nem basket. I’m not sure if I’m doing the right thing so please help D:

First day after acclimation

Tmkgl5ijqip2tsush1pfnfkom4bfte4gr.jpg
alt="947A554B-8119-471A-9079-96394A3B828D" />

Next day (extended and looking healthy)

Tb3yca89a9suwjlb3l4xti1h87lgpes2f.jpg
alt="73241BBD-E736-45E1-BC87-F94A6A926104" />

Just tonight right after light went out

Tn2avcq3sima35iuko8qym2so7bt2ia7v.jpg
alt="AAF43BC9-17E2-48B4-87B7-86586D7F929A" />

Put her on a rock with a semi tight rubber band in a low flow part of your tank.  Let it sit for 24 hours without touching it at all.  Then move it to a slightly heavier current and repeat this every few day eventually removing the rubber band.  Whole process should take about a week.  Patience...

The best bet is to put a few rocks big enough for your nem to attach to in the basket.  They like a rock that has a hole so they can attach their foot in it.

Back