Anemone

IronCityRockers

Supporting
Reaction score
Can someone help my with my anemone? I've read some people say they are dying and some say they are about to split when they draw in like this.

DKH 10.5
Cal 420
Mag 1332
Pho .003
PH 8.2
SAL 1.023

Attachments

• oar2Ig9wSa6xNsYgLTjWvg.jpg
    oar2Ig9wSa6xNsYgLTjWvg.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 24
Usually when mine split, they move into hiding, then puff up like that at the base and split. For a few days they will look like garbage, and then they will move back up the rock work. It's best to leave it be and keep an eye on it. If it's splitting it should be done in less than a day so you will know soon!

I hope it gets better but my guess based only on the pic is that it isn’t doing well.
Your salinity seems a bit low. Try raising it.
PO4 may be a bit low as well. What do your nitrates look like?

let me know if you figure it out because mine multiply like apstasia and I would like to know how to get rid of a few. But seriously I have only the following guesses as they are different from my tank.

1) DKH is much higher in yours, not sure if this bothers them or not.
2) the salinity is a bit low vs mine but again not sure if that is affecting it.

3) is the anemone at the top of your rock work looking for more light? Mine seem to like a lot of par.

4) what is the flow like in your tank? Mine has 3 MP40s on a Planet 105 (which is more like 88 gallons in the tank) Again I don’t know if this matters for yours.

I would recommend adding a little iodine to the tank occasionally as this is “what plants crave” apparently. If you can’t find that try Brawndo.

If yours dies hit me up and I will give you one for free

It moved several times, I was guessing it was happy where it was. Then it just seemed to turn inward on itself. I did raise my sal to 1.024 and brought my DKH 9.50. I'm running an Apex with Trident so everything stays very stable.

I never did figure anything out. I touched it last night and it fell off the rock into my hand. It then found its forever home in the toilet sad to say.

Back