Another *Clownfish Behavior* Question

linda lee

Market
Reaction score
Added my B&W Darwins to the 180g and they seemed to love all the space after being in the 12g for so many months. They swam happily around the perimeter of the tank at full speed. And swam. And swam.

We left to go out of town for 3 days. Returned home and they were still swimming laps. It's now been over a week and although the male has relaxed a bit, the female still maintains her lap swimming. She seems exhausted, but can't seem to stop. Sometimes she'll swim with her head down and her tail up.

They looked stressed, but there's nothing in there bothering them. They've ignored the anemone completely, although they've hosted in the past. I don't care about them not hosting the 'nem, but the erratic behavior bothers me. I'm worried the female will swim 'til she drops.

Anyone ever experience this? The clowns do seem to relax and sleep when the lights are out. Should I cut the light cycle or maybe just run actinics. There are corals in the 180g, so I can't just let it stay dark.

I really like these fish and I sure don't want anything happening to them.

:-(

Maybe your female Darwin is OCD and feels she needs to be her trimmest, afterall, society does dictate you can never be too thin. Lindsay Lohan would be proud to go out like that!

Dakota9;341403 wrote: Maybe your female Darwin is OCD and feels she needs to be her trimmest, afterall, society does dictate you can never be too thin. Lindsay Lohan would be proud to go out like that!

Darwin clowns are way</em> too classy to be compared to Lindsey Lohan!

stacy22;341414 wrote: Darwin clowns are way</em> too classy to be compared to Lindsey Lohan!

Never thought I would see "darwin clowns" and "lindsey lohan" in the same sentence. HAHA:D

Back