Another HVLP sprayer post

metalhasrisen

Reaction score
For those of you who do spray finishing, I have a question. I have a room just off of my shop area that I am planning on using as the location for my water mixing station. I would also like to have this room double as a finishing room since there is an egress window that I could use as a vent. I would build a foldable spray booth with a large hose leading to a fan in the window for exhaust. I have another doorway I can have open as a source of clean air. My water station will be pretty basic using two Brute cans. One for RO water and one for SW. They would be sealed up pretty well.

If it were up to you, would you use a hvlp spayer this close to your mixing station?

Thanks!

John

I have mine in a separate room.
Make sure you use a explosion proof fan motor on that exhaust if you plan on spraying any solvent based finishes. Place the Brutes on dollies and just roll them out while spraying.

in a closed room definitly use the proper fans and explosion proof lights
i personaly would not mix water in the same room that i spray in

metalhasrisen;533648 wrote: If it were up to you, would you use a hvlp spayer this close to your mixing station?

Personally, I wouldn't...but I've always been overly cautious with my reef, knowing the amount of money I've dumped into it over the years. That being said, I do my woodworking in the two car garage of my townhouse (which certainly won't fit two cars) and have recently started using an HVLP gun for finish work. I don't have a homemade spray booth, just a 9'x13' tarp that I spray over....so a tiny amount of overspray finds its way onto all flat surfaces of the garage. I imagine draping plastic sheeting from my garage door rails (to form a box made of sheeting that I would spray inside of) would eliminate 99% overspray finding its way out.

So all in all, I say go for it. You'll make it work safely.

Dustin

Back