Another Lighting Question

gmpolan

Market
Reaction score
I am going to change my bulbs on my sun systems tek t5 set up for the first time since purchasing it and i was curious on what most people use.
The tank is a 72 bow and has various types of corals (birdnest,RBTA, alot of zoas,etc) I am looking for some lighting where ill get some good growth as the tank is only about 4 months old but i still would like to keep the deep blue color. Heres my choices so far and any feedback would be great...

1. ATI Aquablue
2. <span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">UVL Aquasun</span></span>
3. ATI Blue+
4. ATI Aquablue

Thx, G

I would run 2 Blue+ on an actinic cycle, an Aquablue Special, and a Fiji Purple. I wasn't too pleased with the color from the Aquasun, very pink and will kill your chances for deep blue with just 4 bulbs.

Dang it, alil to late as i already ordered the aquasun.
Oh well maybe i wont have to use it and just re order a fiji purple.
Thanks for the input none the less

Best way for future purposes is to go to a LFS that is using T5, take a look at the color and ask them what kind of bulbs they are using. Ask them what kind of pars they are getting. Tim at Keen's reef was helpful in helping me choose my bulbs and he even has a Par meter to show you if he has time.

Back