Another pest? Help with ID.

No worries. I remember doing the same thing when I first started 14 years ago... Dang when did I get old? :) Anyways, when the lights go out there is a whole different world going on in the tank. It's quite interesting.

I feel very lucky to have stumbled upon a place where everyone is so active and knowledgeable. With 14 years under your belt I'm sure there aren't too many things you -haven't- seen or had in your own tank(s), heh. Even with my terrible photo quality on the magnifier you immediately knew what both of my hitchhikers were even though they are both about the size of a sharpie tip.

I love stomatella snails. They were the best when I had them. When they would release eggs into the water collum once a month or so....Free fish and coral food! And when they get big they are kinda cute too. Mine disapeared when I got my pistol shrimp. Empty snail shells all around his den... :(

I've only even seen it once which doesn't mean there couldn't be more but I'm assuming I'd need two or more for them to replicate in my tank? Maybe I could order some...hmm. I didn't even know they existed until FutureInterest ID'd it for me.

@Mom2Many - I've really learned that shrimp don't always behave as advertised. I had to take my fire shrimp in for trade since he was so aggressive. He was stressing everything out. I got some frostbite clowns instead though so it was a win :D

Most of what you read about a fish, coral or invert is just the rule of thumb. I have a tiger pistol that kills every gobie I tried to pair him with. Sigh. He will now remain alone till he dies...

Back