another power outage

dkelly

Market
Reaction score
Well, we had another power outage in my neighborhood (Buford Dam area, Forysth county) today. This one lasted 45 minutes. My wife was in a panic as she doesn't know how to start the generator and connect it to the tanks. I'm about to purchase a whole house backup generator. Anyone else got one?

Oh darn, I am glad my subdivision is fairly new...I have been here for 5 yrs and I think it was only out 1 time out of that 5 yrs...I might have to go out and buy a generator just for the pump soon.

Well, just talking off the top of my head, don't corals survive hours in the little plastic bags we purchase them in?

I'd think the power would have to be off for quite awhile before a huge tank was affected. Perhaps if it were winter time and the heat wasn't functioning then the temperture could be an issue.

This of coarse is all my utmost humble opinion, as I'm no expert.

I do however think a back up generator will come in handy during any power outage AND the impending apocolypse..

I would love to get a whole house generator. My next house will have one for sure. :)
I have a backup gas generator however it is manual and I need to be home and awake for it to save my tank. LOL

if you are going to do it. do it right and get one that switches over automatically and runs on the natural gas feed of your house. you will never know the power went out. Or you could get a solar system with battery backup.
a>

Back