Anthias and Cleaner Shrimp

stevot123

Market
Reaction score
I currently have a cleaner shrimp in my tank and have been looking to get some more color in my tank. I have found a couple of anthias that I like but have read that they have to be monitored with shrimp. I have grown very fond of my cleaner and do not want to get rid of him/loose him. If anthias are not compatible can someone suggest an alternate fish for a 55 gallon with 1 damsel, 1 false perc clown, pink and blue goby, and lawnmower blenny with several coral.

Thx, Steven

Whoops not with te six line, be careful with adding more wrasses. Sounds like you have quit a bit in the tank already

Yeah, what dawgdude said may be the truth, depending on the anthias. SOme are very skiddish, but some are a little more bold. I would recommend researching Lyretails, Bartletts, or one of the other more hardy species.

BUT as far as I know, most anthias are not much of a threat to ornamental shrimp, especially the smaller species.

So if I loose the six line and damsel I would have more options . . . I can handle that. I only got the six line because the "fish store" in Macon said that they removed parasites from rock, thus functional. I am new to aquarium world. Thx

What are the other wrasses that are friendly/recommendations?

dawgdude;250433 wrote: My advice is to never listen to LFS in general unless you know the employee on a personal basis.

Yes, I soo have as much a Napoleon complex as most wrasses! ;)

- Then again, am I technically an employee?? -

Back