anthias during Spring Break

leslie

Market
Reaction score
We have an anthias we feed twice daily. If she just gets one feeding per day for the week we're on vacation, will she be ok or would we be better off asking our fish sitter to come twice a day?

probably OK i have read fish can go without food for a week so only getting one feeding a day should be OK in the wild fish have to find food :p

They will probably be ok with just one feeding. Especially if they are fat and healthy before you leave.

I would be very specific your fish sitter on how to feed them, and how much. you dont want to over or underfeed them during the break. It would be awful to come home to an algae farm.

Rit, Thanks for the offer but we do have a daily fish feeder in human form. He will also take care of our Maine Coon Cat.

And Derek, we are putting the daily amounts of food in Dixie cups in the freezer labled for each tank and each day. Should be user friendly. Though I am nervous leaving the tanks for the first time for a full week.

And we're shortening the light period on one of our tanks that has maiden hair algae. Do we think that will have any impact at all. Nothing eats the stuff.

Yep, they're big. Ours is only 15 pounds. Small for the breed. But they have very long hair which makes them look bigger. They don't have an undercoat like a Persian so they don't have matting issues. My cat's armpit hair is 6 inches long. Yes, one must be really bored to measure a cat's underarm hair.

We bought ours from a breeder in Tennessee. My dad's from Maine so I grew up with them. They are gorgeous. And super friendly.

Here are a few shots. One when he was a kitten and two more current.
IMG_3248.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_5728.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_1628.jpg
alt="" />

Here is ours.. They are great cats...ours is very cuddly and acts more like a dog than a cat. He is now about twice this size...about 20 pounds...
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
320093=16059-IMG_0001.jpg
>
320093=16059-IMG_0001.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_0001.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Joe, He's beautiful. And ours is more like a dog than a cat also. He follows me around the house like a puppy. And he LOVES water. He watches it, plays with it, just doesn't want to be in it.

Back